Monday, November 17, 2008

Skiing in downtown Marseille





This past Saturday the girls and I went downtown to do some shopping. Imagine our surprise when we saw a "skiing for kids" expo in the middle of one of the main squares! The "snow" was a floor made of plastic. Of course they both wanted to ski, so I signed them up! Alexa was a bit nervous and never let go of her instructors hand, but Alana was ready to go and now wants to ski the Alps! That is what the expo was actually about - all the ski centers in the southern Alps promoting their winter deals.

We spent the rest of the day checking out new Christmas decorations, window shopping, and having drinks "flavored syrup with water" at a cafe on the Vieux Port. It was sunny and 55 degrees - not bad for November!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martin family,
My husband came across your blog and told me to read it as I’m a blogger myself. I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more. Welcome to France, it is a beautiful place. We moved here with our two daughters just over a year ago. We have travelled a lot but originally came from Zimbabwe. We also stayed up all night to watch Obama (we knew he would win, it was a great speech). You are welcome to check out my blog Siovhinn.wordpress.com, you will see my youngest daughter also is a blogger.
Keep Smiling!
Siovhinn